Looking for everything you need to do to be successful at Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in 2020? While SEO is a never-ending learning process, we’ve tried to put-together every crucial point you need to take care of this year in short. The prime aim of optimizing a website has always been towards enhancing the quality and quantity of traffic that a website attracts. SEO achieves this goal by increasing the website visibility, while also ensuring that the website shows up on the top of the search engine results page when relevant keywords are searched for.
SEO in 2020
With so much content around SEO on the internet, you may want to believe that primitive knowledge about it might suffice, but unfortunately, you are mistaken. Gone are the days when keyword-rich content and multiple backlinks were enough to help enhance your search rankings. Today, SEO is much more than just creating backlinks. This increased scope of SEO can be attributed to 4 crucial factors –
- New Improved Algorithms
- Consolidated Search Engine Results Page (SERP)
- Emerging Trends like Voice search and Image Search
- Changes in Audience Preferences
For what it’s worth, improving SEO in today’s date and age will require you to concentrate on the below-mentioned aspects. Of course, they might seem to be too many to handle, but if you take the help of a dedicated SEO Service provider, this shouldn’t be much of a trouble.
Domain Authority Version 2.0
In 2020, Google is emphasizing on what we have known as E-A-T. Giving weightage to pages and websites that are reliable, Google is evaluating your webpage based on the Expertise of the webpage creator, Authoritativeness of the creator, and Trustworthiness of the creator.
What does this really mean?
If your website content is written by legit experts and not by a random writer, Google considers you as an expert. In simple terms, it wants that the content should be written by people who know their industry well. For Example – medical content should be written by health care experts. So, how does Google know who is the creator of the webpage? Let’s understand it this way – If you write something and there are experts who disagree. On the other hand, if you write something, and trusted sources mention about you or your website is a go-to-resource. For obvious reasons, the latter would be given preference.
As the name suggests, these elements pertain to the content published on your website. The better the quality of these elements, the easier it will be for your website to rank high on the SERPs. Page Content is one of the most prominent elements and is essentially the text that tells the search engines as well as your users what your website and business is all about. To create high-quality content on your website, you ought to follow these measures –
- Use keyword research tools such as Ahrefs to search or the most relevant keywords for your business, and your area of operation. Include the top keywords in your content.
- Make sure to embed both, short and long-tail keywords, in a way that is natural and doesn’t hamper the readability of the content.
- Rather than simply putting up endless paragraphs of texts, use engaging visual content in the form of bullet points, infographics, etc.
- Make your content entertaining and informative, while also ensuring that it offers an active solution to the most prominent problems of your target audience.
- Develop content that instills interest and is shareable.
- Make sure to include Call-to-Action in your content to encourage your audience to purchase the products and services offered by your website.
Pictures, Videos, Infographics are Important
Users’ search behavior has changed over these years. 62% of young users are doing a visual search. Here’s why you should know about Image SEO but before that take a look at these stats below. It is interesting to know that Google Lens today is identifying over 1 billion objects.
|Web Tool/App/Website||Number of users||Duration|
|Google Lens||used 1 billion times by users||Since Inception|
|600 million visual searches||Monthly|
So what needs to be done?
Like your regular SEO, use descriptive file names and write alt text for pictures you use on your website.
Voice Search is the Next Big Thing
Since 2008, it was analyzed that voice searches performed in Google has increased by 35x
|One voice search every day||By 41% of Users|
|Voice searches on Mobile||By 20% of Users|
How Will Voice Search Work for 2020 SEO?
If your webpage ranks in the top 3 Google Search Results, you can expect to be visible in the voice queries. Ensure that you include questions and answers in your content. For example, you can write – Who invented the telescope? Or What is the key ingredient in Biryani?
HTML elements are the components in your website’s source code, which can be easily tweaked in line with your SEO goals. Here are some of the HTML elements that need your due diligence for improved SEO in 2020.
Page Titles or Title Tags are SEO elements that help the search engines, as well as the users, know what information is available on a given webpage. Hence, it is crucial that your page title comprises of the focus keyword for the page. Here are some measures that you can follow to create ideal Page Titles –
- Make sure that the titles are under 70 characters
- Do not overstuff keywords in the page title
- Make sure that the title accurately describes the content of the page
- Do not use all caps for creating page titles
Headers or Body Tags help organize your text in a way that is easy for the users to read and comprehend. Moreover, they help the search engine in analyzing the part of the webpage that is most relevant to the keywords being searched for.
Here are some measures that you can follow to create ideal Headers-
- Make use of the most relevant keywords for each header
- Make sure that the headers are different from page titles
- Make the headers as self-explanatory as possible
These are essentially short page descriptions that appear right under the name of your webpage on SERP, and can greatly influence a user’s decision to click on your URL. To make sure you attract the user, here are some measures that your SEO service provider must follow-
- Make sure your meta description is 100-150 characters in length
- The meta description must include – the name of your business, the services you offer, the name of your city or area, your contact information, and a call to action.
- Do not use any alphanumeric characters like —, &, or +.
Since Google now delivers a significant amount of image-based results, every image on your website must help drive traffic. To do so, you must make use of image-alt text, which is nothing but a name for each image on the site that precisely describes the image. Here are some measures that you should follow to make the most of this element –
- The text must be descriptive and specific.
- The text should convey the context of the overall webpage
- It must be under 125 characters.
- You may use 1-2 keywords, but should avoid keyword stuffing
Site Architecture Elements
The Site Architecture refers to the components that help search engines navigate through your site, and gain an insight into its structure. Some of the most prominent of these elements are –
These help the user identify the content of a given page, as well as its hierarchy. Here are some measures that will help you improve your SEO in 2020 pertaining to page URLs –
- The URL must be simple to read and comprehend
- They must indicate the page hierarchy, especially in case of subpages, internal pages, and blog posts
- Incorporate 1- 2 keywords only
Since a vast majority of users access the internet through smartphones, it has become incredibly important for your website to be –
- Highly mobile responsive
- Easily navigable on mobile phones
- Quick and coherent loading on mobile devices
We hope that you’re now aware of the SEO Services mediasearchgroup.com you ought to incorporate in your website to enjoy ever-growing traffic, and to increase conversions!
Intent Behind the Search
Every search has an intent behind it. That’s why it’s important that your content matches the search intent.
The search intent of a user could be –
- To look for something nearby
- To buy something
- To gain more knowledge
- To compare products
What should be done?
If your user has searched for ‘Maldives Tour Packages’, he is not looking for how the Maldives was built.
- Identify your target keywords.
- Re-Optimize Old Content for Search Intent
So, which strategy are you going to implement first?