Worried About Making Mistakes when you type?
- Typing Errors occur when one scrawls his or her assignment or writing tasks.
- Error rates usually range from 1% to 3.2%when professional typists type documents.
Slowly Increase Your Speed
- If you are new to typing or struggle to type fast, work your way slowly up the ladder
- Maintain the home row position and place your fingers on ASDF JKL; keys
- Press the keys only with the fingers for which they are reserved
- Do not look at the keyboard while typing
- Increase your speed when you hit the right keys out of habit at a particular tempo
Sitting Posture and Finger Movement
- Keep your back straight with elbow bent at a right angle
- Keep the shoulder and arm at a comfortable position
- Maintain a distance of 45-70 cm between your eyes and screen
- Return to the Home position after you have hit specific keys
- Practice hitting the keys at regular intervals
- Use the thumb to press the Space bar
- Employ the pinky finger to hit the SHIFT key
Once you start following the rules stated above, stick to the following steps
- Take your time to avoid the mistakes at first
- Scan a paragraph once you have written it and proceed to the next
- Proofread your write-up manually, once you have completed it
- Take the help of online proofreading tools like Grammarly, Ginger Software, Paper Rater
- Use free grammar checker tools like co.uk, LanguageTool, Jetpack
- Check your progress after each week and make a note of the issues that is persisting
Apart from the grammar and proofreading services specific software, you can take the help of the typing software listed below.
This free typing software imparts typing lessons through GUI interface
- Typing Trainer
This freeware analyses your typing speed and offers feedback
- Max Type Pro
This freeware is ideal for enhancing typing speed with accuracy, and you will get practice sessions and weekly reports
- Type Faster
This is the best platform for practicing ‘touch typing’, i.e. typing without looking at the keyboard
- Stamina Typing Tutor
This software offers a virtual keyboard and is concerned with the accuracy of typing
- Letter Chase Typing Tutor
The software is aimed at imparting knowledge related to character and numeric keys
- TIPP 10 Typing Software
It offers a free course and the person taking the lesson can form his own practice session. The development is displayed on the screen itself, each day.
- GNU Typist
This open-source software offers typing lessons in multiple languages
- Datatype Online
This online typing tutor allows you to compete with each other and track your progress. It has an extremely user-friendly interface.
You should abide by the guidelines and take help of the tools to improve your typing accuracy