Retirement planning is important to ensure a steady flow of income after you move on from the working phase of your life. One way to save for your retirement is Gratuity and Employee Provident Fund (EPF). Gratuity and EPF, both, are non-equity-linked savings schemes that provide you with a lump-sum amount when you retire.
To calculate your expected income from gratuity and EPF, you can use a gratuity calculator and an EPF calculator. With the help of these calculators, you can gain important insights about your retirement savings and make any timely adjustments, if required. Let’s learn more about using these calculators to plan your retirement corpus.
How to Use a Gratuity Calculator?
You are eligible for gratuity after rendering your services to an employer continuously for 5 years. Here are the steps you must follow to calculate your gratuity amount:
- Open the Gratuity Calculator on the Dhan website.
- Now, enter your monthly salary in the given field. This is your basic salary plus Dearness Allowance (DA).
- Then, enter the duration of your service.
- You will now be able to see the total gratuity payable to you by the employer.
How to Use an EPF Calculator?
You must follow the steps discussed here to accurately calculate the EPF amount receivable at the time of retirement:
- Open the EPF Calculator on the Dhan website.
- Now enter your monthly salary followed by your current age and retirement age.
- You must also provide the respective percentages of employer and employee contributions to the EPF.
- Finally, enter the average annual increment and the prevailing EPF interest rate.
- You will now be able to see the ‘Total Maturity Amount’ along with the time duration.
Benefits of Using EPF and Gratuity Calculators
Here are some benefits offered by these two useful financial tools to help maximise your retirement savings:
1. Provides Accurate Data and Calculations
The information provided by these two calculators is accurate, unlike manual calculations which have higher chances of errors. With the help of calculations, you can create an effective retirement savings plan.
You can also explore multiple retirement scenarios with these calculators. Try different inputs like age options and interest rates to determine the best combination for your requirements.
2. Undertake Timely Adjustments
With the help of these calculators, you can make timely adjustments to your retirement plan. For instance, any change in your income or interest rates must be considered to ensure that your retirement plan is on track.
3. Available for Free
Both these financial tools are available free of cost. Hence, you can freely use them as and when you like to adjust your retirement savings plans. You also do not need any special gadgets to access them, any computer or smartphone with an internet connection will work.
Efficient retirement planning requires utmost accuracy while calculating for which using an EPF calculator and a gratuity calculator is important. These two calculators equip you with the knowledge that can help you prepare a robust financial plan for your retirement savings.
To learn more about the best online investing options that can be a part of your retirement plan, visit Dhan.