With the wave of digitalization, e-learning has become a big hit amongst the youngsters as well as companies. It is a learning system based on formal teaching but with the help of digital media and electronic resources. In a way, it is the transfer of skills and knowledge to a large number of recipients. Though initially resisted, it is now embraced by the masses.
Corporate sectors are a step ahead these days in using digital corporate training solution, especially when training programs are conducted by MNCs for professionals across the globe, and acquiring those skills by the employees has become a piece of cake now.
Its advantages greatly outweigh those of classroom learning. Neither the trainers are required to go through those boring and dull presentations nor the trainees rush to take those sloppy notes that remain untouched for years. It is a win-win situation for both.
Benefits for companies-
- Saves cost and time- Because of limited space, sessions are usually arranged multiple times increasing its cost many folds. With online learning, a vast number of people can be addressed at the same time in a uniform fashion. The printing cost is also saved since the material is mostly online.
- Eco friendly- This method is conducive to the environment, the amount of paperwork is reduced by leaps and bounds as the resources and materials are electronically available.
- Timely feedback- The employers do not need to manually evaluate each and everything, the computer does that, thus, providing the employees with real-time feedback.
- A plethora of learning opportunities- Companies can choose between standard solutions or tailor-made programs for their employees.
- Single knowledge base- Developing uniform learning formats and storing of learning materials at a single place to be conveniently accessible from any device, anywhere.
- Improved performance- Trainees get exposed to numerous growth opportunities which in turn leads to improved productivity. They can participate at any time, including at home or during any time at work, so it doesn’t conflict with other time-sensitive tasks thus increasing productivity.
Benefits for the employees-
- Learning on-demand, when and where the learner wants, and at an individual pace.
- It provides flexibility hence, the users can take the course in an environment more conducive to their learning style.
- The content is mostly interactive, fun, and engaging via the use of videos, quizzes, interactive slides, and even games, thus, helping in improving the retention capacity of trainees.
- Saves time and energy of traveling especially for the training program and can be attended at the eleventh hour as well.
- These online employee training platforms allow employees to revisit key information right when they need it.
E-learning for companies is burgeoning and is interesting from a budgeting perspective. The financial investment for these programs is much less than for classroom programs. The traveling cost is reduced or eliminated, and training-related time is minimized as no extra hours need to be spared.
It offers an affordable, time-efficient way to employers for training employees. In return, the latter benefit from convenient training that enhances their skills and knowledge. In the present day, various companies, ranging from large enterprises to small start-ups, are using this platform to manage their employees’ development by upgrading their qualifications, imparting new skills, or training them for new positions.