If you’re thinking about fixing and flipping a house, getting a traditional loan might be quite difficult. After all, the aforementioned procedure will require you to get a lot of money at once. And that’s something you won’t get with a conventional mortgage.
So, what’s the solution to this issue?
To begin with, opting for a hard money loan can be ideal for your business prospect. It’ll help you get a huge amount of money quickly. Besides, there’s no need to go find and provide a lot of documents for the process. So, in a way, it is beneficial for a budding entrepreneur.
However, here’s the thing.
While getting a hard money loan is, indeed, perfect, it might also lead to tricky circumstances, depending on your situation. Keep reading to know more about it:
What Is A Hard Money Loan?
A hard money mortgage is a type of short-term loan, a secure loan that uses the house you have purchased as collateral. However, you can’t get this type of loan from a bank. Instead, you must go to an alternative lender (like a private company or an individual investor) for it.
Hard money loan can be an excellent option for people who are in the:
- House Flipping Industry: As said in the introduction, flipping a house might require a lot of money initially. So, if you can’t afford to lose your time, opting for a hard money loan will be best. You can use it to either repair or purchase a resident.
- Business Industry: Just like purchasing a residential property, starting a business can be financially challenging. So if you’re looking for additional money to invest, it might be best to go for a hard money lender.
- Real Estate Industry: Just like flipping a property, working as a realtor is also tricky and challenging. Hence, it might be best not to go for traditional loans, as it is time-consuming and might get canceled if you don’t have a good credit score.
Why Should You Go For Hard Money Loans?
Yes, the proceeding of a hard money loan system might not sound too secure at first. The lack of documentation is something that makes most people believe so.
However, it’s wrong.
Hard money loans are quite secure as long as you are choosing the right lender. In addition to these, you can also get the following advantages from hard money loans:
- The closing time of these loans is much faster and quicker than a traditional mortgage. It might take around a week or so before the money is provided to you.
- The underwriting procedure of the same is less-rigorous than any other type of loan structure. It requires fewer documents and doesn’t ask for too much information.
- The lender will not pay any attention to your debt-to-income ratio or credit score. You will get the cash depending on the property you are considering buying.
Due to these reasons, you should always go for a hard money loan, whether you qualify for a conventional loaning system or not. Now, let’s move on to the risks associated with it.
What Are The Risks Associated With It?
Hard money loans are all about helping you buy whatever you are looking for quickly. But the talked-about loaning system also comes with a few downsides. These may include:
- When compared to traditional loans, the term of a hard money loan is quite short. So it might be difficult for you to get that huge amount of cash if you aren’t able to sell that house you’ve fixed soon. Planning will be key here.
- As it’s a risky option for the lender too, they might ask for a higher interest rate than a conventional loaning option. Due to the same reason, the asked down payment can be a little higher than usual as well. However, it’s worth the risk, though.
The Bottom Line
So, there you go.
Hopefully, we could answer all of the questions you had in mind through this blog. However, if you feel like we have missed out on something, make sure to comment below.
We will provide our answer to it as soon as we can!