Kratom shots, also called Kratom tinctures, can rejuvenate your usual Kratom routine with new and exciting flavors. Kratom shots combine single-shot beverages with Kratom extract. By using Kratom extract, you can maintain the Kratom potency while masking its sometimes bitter, herbal taste. With Kratom shots, you can easily portion your elixirs into small containers, making it simple to bring with you anywhere.
If you want to make your own liquid Kratom shots at home, here is what you need to know to make your own Kratom extract and some great recipes to try.
Making Kratom Extract
If you don’t want to purchase Kratom extract, you can make it at home. Choose your favorite Kratom strain or variety, or create multiple extracts so you can pick which one is right for you, depending on the time of day.
Choose white vein Kratom varieties for the mornings and mid-afternoons, green vein varieties for any time of day, and red varieties for the evenings.
It’s ideal to craft a large batch of extract so you can use it in multiple recipes. Begin with 4 oz. of Kratom and 1 liter of 80-100 proof ethyl alcohol/ethanol per every 4 oz. of Kratom.
You’ll also need:
- A sealable glass container like a mason jar
- pH strips
- Citric acid
- A funnel
- Dark glass tincture bottles with an eyedropper
- A fine straining material like a cheesecloth
- Put the 4 oz. of Kratom into the glass container or mason jar and pour 1 liter of the alcohol into the jar. Stir until the Kratom and alcohol are completely mixed.
- Add a small amount of citric acid into the Kratom-alcohol mixture. Test it with a pH strip; your goal is to reach a pH of 4 or just below 4. Continue to add citric acid until you reach this level.
- Place the lid and ring on the mason jar and seal it tightly. Shake the jar, and store it in a cool, dark place for 7-14 days.
- Using your cheesecloth, strain the mixture into a bowl. Wash out the mason jar to remove any lingering Kratom bits, and use the funnel to strain the liquid from the bowl back into the jar.
- Use the cheesecloth as a cover over the opening of the jar, and let it sit and evaporate until you can fill one of your tincture bottles with your desired dosage. The time for this to happen will vary; watch the mixture carefully. Measure the finished liquid in mL for the next step.
The recommended dose for Kratom is 2.4g, not to exceed 2 doses in 24 hours. Because this Kratom extract is potent, you should start slow and work your way up, even if you’re an experienced Kratom connoisseur.
4 oz. of Kratom works out to about 113g of powder. Divide 113g by the volume (mL) of your finished tincture. This helps you estimate the potency of 1 bottle of tincture, and you can calculate how many mL you need for your desired dose.
Making DIY Liquid Kratom Shots
Once your extract or tincture is ready, you can make your own delicious Kratom shots from the comfort of your kitchen. Consider adding one of the many Kratom potentiators available to your recipes to help your dose last longer and work more efficiently. For best results, always chill your Kratom shots right before serving.
Feel free to adjust the ingredient ratios in this list. Ideally, these recipes produce 2-4 oz. shots, but if you want to make a larger batch for multiple shots, scale up the measurements.
Lemon Kratom Shots
Citrus juice is a known potentiator for Kratom, and if you already pair your Kratom tea with lemon, a lemon shot will be a delightful addition to your routine. The ingredients you’ll need include:
- Kratom extract
- 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon clover honey
- 1 piece turmeric
- ¼ cup chopped ginger
- Peel the lemons and place them into your blender until juiced.
- Add turmeric, honey, and chopped ginger. Blend for 1 minute on medium speed.
- Add your Kratom extract dose and blend for an additional minute on medium speed.
- Pour the mixture into a small container with a sealable lid and place it in the refrigerator.
Creamy Orange Kratom Shot
For a sweet treat with a kick of potentiating citrus juice, a creamy orange Kratom shot is the perfect end to a hearty dinner or a great pairing with ice cream. Here’s how you can craft this smooth concoction at home. You’ll need:
- Kratom extract
- 2 large oranges
- 2 oz. milk or milk substitute
- 1-2 tablespoons of sugar, or substitute with honey, simple syrup, or agave syrup
- Peel the oranges and blend them until juiced.
- Add milk and sugar, and blend on medium for 1 minute.
- Add the Kratom extract, and blend for an additional minute on medium speed.
- If the shot is too thick, add 2-3 teaspoons of water and blend again until smooth.
- Pour the shot into a sealable container and place it in the refrigerator to cool. Because it contains milk, keep this shot in the fridge until you’re ready to use.
Minty Chocolate Kratom Shot
If you love the subtle hint of mint mixed with your chocolate, a minty chocolate Kratom shot is a great way to mask the bitter taste of your Kratom dose. Here’s what you need to make this shot:
- Kratom extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 mint leaves
- Place your saucepan on your cooktop on medium heat. Add the butter and allow it to melt, then add the chocolate morsels, sugar, and milk.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth and blended.
- Take the mixture off of the stove and allow it to cool slightly.
- Put the mixture into a blender with the mint leaves and blend on medium speed for 1 minute. (Alternatively, you can steep the mint leaves with the chocolate mix on the stove and strain them out later if you only want a hint of mint taste.)
- Add your Kratom extract and resume blending on medium speed for another minute.
- Pour into a small sealed container and place in the refrigerator. Enjoy for dessert.
The Take-home Message
Creating your own DIY Kratom shots at home is an exciting new way to experience your daily dose of Kratom. With Kratom extract, you can enjoy the powerful benefits of your favorite botanical while bypassing the bitter taste.