Day in and day out, our jobs are often peppered with menial tasks that aren’t really so meaningful and impactful to the work that we do. However, these tasks need to get done. As a result, we feel overworked yet unproductive as we have just wasted hours answering emails, attending meetings, scheduling appointments, reporting meetings, sending project updates, and many more.
All this metawork, or simply put, work about your work, is a necessary evil in the workplace, even if they can tend to bog you down. And while these are tasks that remotely help to get your job done, there’s no one else to do the task for you.
Or is there?
Leveraging on AI Technology in the Workplace
In this day and age, artificial intelligence (AI) is advancing and more organizations are adopting artificial intelligence technology throughout their workflow. This is particularly true when it comes to assisting employees in handling their day to day tasks so that they can concentrate on their core competencies.
AI Assistants, specifically, can get several few work loads off that can help significantly increase their productivity in the long run. Companies these days capitalize on AI to serve as virtual helpers to alleviate their employees’ most monotonous, tedious, and time-consuming tasks.
Let’s take a closer look at how AI can help assistants do more with less work and less time.
- AI helps automate tasks and optimize workflows. Think about the monotonous tasks that you or your employees are doing and how much time could be freed up if or when an AI Assistant can do these tasks. After all, every company has some automatable activities, such as scheduling, setting alarms and reminders, writing emails, taking down notes such as in meetings, putting together PowerPoint presentations, and many more.
Many departments in an organization can also find AI useful, and workers, from small companies to big ones, can feel the benefits. They can focus more on important things so that they can get the job done more efficiently.
- Have an AI Assistant to help assistants. Contrary to popular belief, AI is not meant to replace human employees, but are instead meant to help take care of basic functionalities to free up the hands of employees so they can work smarter. In fact, this can help change the way they do their jobs for the better
There are many AI tools that can help in this scenario, which can perform a few things. This includes reminders, tracking packages and flights, sending emails and text messages, managing calendars, finding hotels and places, as well as organizing data.
- AI helps with speech technology. Text-to-speech can be used for dictating emails and notes. They can be used for reviewing personal documents and notes, which can greatly help employees multitask.
This allows assistants and different employees alike more hands-free performance support, which unclogs workflows and speed up performances on various tasks. With this technology, they can also voice out commands such as finding tools, apps, files, and even photos, thereby cutting back the time exponentially.
- AI like chatbots can assist in communication. These days, phones, tablets, and computers can arrange meetings through the help of AI technology. It can help in managing phone call routing, solving simple problems, or responding to quick and simple queries.
Assistants, in particular, have to deal with a large volume of inquiries and scheduling, and having chatbots onboard can greatly free up time spent addressing these so they can focus more on more challenging issues as well as more complex troubleshooting.
- AI can help enhance efficiency with language features. For companies that have gone global, AI can help to communicate with people from different countries using different languages. This allows you to go past the language barrier and actually get things done faster.
Language features allow you to better understand whoever you are talking to anywhere in the world clearly, without being bogged down by translation issues. You can also be more comfortable and confident that you can better understand and be understood.
With these benefits, you can see your company become more efficient and therefore more productive. You can also see more savings in terms of time, money, and manpower hours.